Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yarn shopping in Turkey

While honeymooning in Turkey, I couldn't resist checking out the local yarn shops. Thanks to Polly, I knew just where to go to find yarn near the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul.

I purchased three hanks of sparkly fakey-fake yarn in turquoise, lime green, and burgundy. I'm not sure yet what I'll use it for -- it might make a cool bag. Or I could carry it along with something softer and fuzzier and make some funky scarves. We also spent a few days in Izmir, on the Aegean Sea, and there we located the covered bazaar, Kizlaragasi Han, which also has several yarn shops in the vicinity. (Again, thanks, Polly!)

At one of those shops I found some really soft, really pretty gold-flecked bright orange yarn for Emily's birthday. I can't wait to see what she turns it into!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home