Monday, December 12, 2005

Courtney's kitty hat

This is a modified Kittyville hat from Stitch 'n Bitch I made for John's niece's first birthday. I checked the gauge first, but somehow it still came out extra tiny. Courtney is small for her age, but maybe not that small. At any rate, everyone seems to agree that it's very cute! Maybe it will fit one of her dolls or something.

I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Blackberry. It's a superwash, and so soft! I probably only used half a skein.

It only took me a few days to complete due to my obsessiveness and insomnia, but I came upon lots of challenges with this project. I had trouble with the invisible cast-on (which I later realized wasn't even necessary). I tried a cable cast-on, but finally gave up on that in favor of a crochet chain cast-on. The trouble is, I'd never crocheted, so that was a real struggle. Also, I think I knitted a whole round before I joined, so there's a weird uneven spot in the back. Later I got confused when it came to decreasing in the seed stitch, so it came out a little funky but apparently no one else can tell.

I chose not to sew up the outer edges of the ears, because I thought it looked neat open like that.

Started: Nov. 16
Finished: Nov. 20
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Blackberry (1 skein)
Needles: metal circular size 8, bamboo dpns size 8

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home