Saturday, November 11, 2006

New Zealand scarf


The beautiful mohair that Emily brought back from New Zealand turned into a scarf! Before I started, I experimented with some very simple lace patterns, but plain stockinette seemed to be the best way to show off the yarn. As I was knitting, the scarf didn't seem to be curling very much. When I bound off, it turned itself into a tube, which ended up working out perfectly because the reverse stockinette is hidden, and it's long enough to go around my neck a couple times. It's so soft, warm, and fuzzy. There's still a whole other skein, so I may make a matching hat one of these days.

New Zealand Scarf
Started: Oct. 12 (ish)
Finished: Oct. 25 (ish)
Pattern: None
Yarn: Te Awa Wools Soft Spun Mohair -- 78% mohair, 13% wool, 9% nylon -- colorway Gravel, almost 1 skein
Needles: US 10 needles (switched partway from straights to Denises for train knitting)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

it's beautiful, i'm so glad!!!

6:49 PM, November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home