Monday, June 19, 2006

Ring-bearing pouch


John and I may have gotten a little carried away in our frenzy to make stuff for the wedding. He made all the invitations, stationery, place cards, and centerpieces, and I knitted my shawl and gifts for the bridesmaids. Somewhere along the way I got it in my head that I would knit a little pouch to hold the rings during the ceremony, instead of those funny little pillows that are traditionally used. Last Minute Knitted Gifts had the perfect pattern for a drawstring pouch, which I modified to make it smaller (about 2 inches by 3 inches) but otherwise followed pretty closely -- used the same yarn and construction. This ended up being pretty last-minute -- completed just 5 days before the wedding -- but it was also a real quickie. My mom says it looks like a willy warmer, but we used it in the ceremony anyway. I made an extra I-cord to thread through the rings inside the pouch, in theory to make the rings easier to retrieve, but in practice probably just an extra layer of complexity. Everything went smoothly nonetheless and we are now happily married!

Ring-bearing pouch
Started: May 21
Finished: May 23
Pattern: Soft Drawstring Pouch from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Blue Sky Silk Alpaca, ecru, much less than one skein
Needles: US 6 dpns

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

your MOM said that?!?

6:07 AM, June 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home