Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Vintage magazine, sweater progress

This issue of Woman's World Knit & Crochet is one of the interesting finds from Grandma's apartment. It's from the late '60s, I believe. Some of the patterns are actually pretty cool and I may eventually try and make one of them.

I blocked the Fairly Easy Fair Isle sweater (thank you John for finding a suitable bin for blocking larger items!) and it's still a bit large but not completely unflattering anymore. I tried it on this morning and it was so cozy I didn't want to take it off. So I wore it to work even though I haven't finished weaving in all the ends. There are so many ends! The sweater is very warm, actually a bit too warm for my office most of the time. And it sheds mohair everywhere! But I think I kind of like it anyway. I'll have to get a picture of me wearing it.

I'm almost halfway through the second sleeve of John's zip raglan cardigan. The sweater looks super tiny right now due to all the ribbing, but it should grow a lot when it's blocked.

Incidentally, this amusing advertisement appears on the back cover of the Knit & Crochet magazine:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home