Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Koigu socks

After the holidays I treated myself to a couple skeins of Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino. I've been wanting to try a pair of socks, and I've also been itching to knit with some wild multi-colored guilty pleasure yarn. Ultimately I hope to make fair isle socks, but learning to do socks and fair isle at the same time seemed overly ambitious.

I found a pattern for Koigu socks that looks to be just perfect. The pattern calls for US 2 dpns, but since my stitches are so tight, I'm using US 4's.

All is going well, except for a little oopsie the other day. Somehow I ended up knitting with the work pointed away from me instead of towards me. I didn't notice the hole until I had knitted this way for an inch or so. Fortunately I have gotten fairly adept at inserting the needles below the mistake and frogging back to that point. I haven't figured out how not to make the stitches twisted, but untwisting them isn't that big a deal.

It was a small setback, and I'm already past the point I was at before. These socks are going to be crazy-looking, but I'm comfortable with that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home