Thursday, December 22, 2005

Griffindor scarf

The Griffindor scarf for my brother is about 1/3 finished. At this rate it will be ready in time for Hanukkah, no problem, assuming I don't run out of yarn. The pattern is the Hogwarts scarf from Atypically.Knit, and I'm using the same Lana Gatto Luxor yarn that I'm using for John's double-knit ski cap (on which I've made some progress, but am having some difficulty changing colors for the stripes). It does look like I'm going to run out of yarn, and getting back to School Products may be challenging in light of the transit strike. I've been working from home since Tuesday and haven't set foot in Manhattan. Tomorrow we leave for Pittsburgh. Oh well, my brother won't mind if his gift is a little late.

The big thing on my mind right now is my grandma's health. She had her leg amputated yesterday. I really want to get started knitting that vest for her. I feel so horrible about what she's been going through, and I'm hoping a hand-knitted gift will cheer her up some.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home