Thursday, December 21, 2006

Emily's Odessa

Last night John and I exchanged holiday gifts with our dear friends Emily and Chris. They bestowed upon us a most amazing scarf. This is a scarf I had been admiring and petting while Emily was still working on it, before it had a designated recipient. How did she know it was just what I wanted? John and I have both worn it already (not at the same time) and it's around my neck as I type this. Pictures are forthcoming.

We gave Emily this Odessa hat:

I loved knitting this pattern! I didn't make any modifications. It took 121 beads and one skein of RYC CashSoft DK with just a few yards left over. Before I gave it to Emily, John agreed to model it for me:

After trying it on, John wants a hat that fits the same way, maybe even this same pattern but without the beads. I'd love to knit this again, so he'll probably get his wish!

I hope Emily enjoys wearing this hat as much as I enjoyed making it!

Emily's Odessa
Started: Dec. 15
Finished: Dec. 17
Pattern: Odessa by Grumperina
Yarn: RYC CashSoft DK, 1 skein
Needles: US 4 plastic circ, US 6 Addi Turbos, US 6 dpns

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I've been at my mother's place in Washington State for the last week, and a high school buddy of my brother's, Evan, came over one night and said, "Emily, my mother loves your hat and wants to see it in person!" Turns out his mother's not only an avid knitter, but an avid fan of your blog, and had seen the hat before even seeing me! Luckily, a few days later, I was wearing said hat in the yarn store downtown and suddenly heard my name called out from across the store... Evan's mom had recognized the hat before even seeing my face! It's a WONDERFUL hat, and kept my not-much-hair head toasty warm in the damp & cold of the pacific northwest!

10:50 AM, January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home