Friday, April 28, 2006

Halfway to Kiri

I've almost completed the 8th pattern repeat on Kiri. It's approx. 42 inches by 21 inches. I'm in the middle of the second ball of yarn, which means I'm probably about halfway done with the shawl, perhaps even a little more than halfway. I'll want the shawl to measure at least 60 inches in width (my armspan). Still got a ways to go!

Today I took Amtrak up to Albany and back, and knitted the whole time. It was a beautiful ride along the Hudson. I made lots of mistakes in my knitting, partly due to too much sunlight! It was so bright I couldn't see the sparkly white stitches very clearly against the white Denise needle tips. Most of the mistakes were pretty easy to fix, but towards the end of the trip home I really botched up one of the leaves. I realized I wasn't going to be able to fix it on the train, so I stuck safety pins in the stitches I had unravelled so they wouldn't drop any further. When I got home i had to rebuild the leaf loop by loop. That actually wasn't so hard, and it seems to have turned out okay.

I've been leaving in two lifelines at all times, just in case I notice a mistake way back. So far I haven't had any mistakes requiring me to use a lifeline...knock on wood!

Here's a closeup:












And now, back to knitting!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home