Monday, April 10, 2006

Busy knitting...no time to blog

I don't have any pictures to show right now, but I have been knitting! Right now it's all about my wedding, which is happening at the end of May. So sadly John's raglan zip cardigan is on hold, as are many of my other projects.

I swatched for Kiri, which if all goes well will be my bridal shawl. Went on eBay and ordered three balls of Rowan KidSilk Night in Starlight from Jannette's Rare Yarns, and the Denise Companion Set from Woodland Farms Fibers and Yarns. You know you are knitting too many simultaneous projects when you run out of Denises! I'm thinking of adding some sparkly beads along the scalloped edges of the shawl.

There is also a modified Clapotis on my needles, close to being finished. I'm using South West Trading Company's Oasis (100% soy silk) in the "Parrot" colorway. This Clapotis is about 13" tall, just over half the height of the standard Clapotis, so it's more of a scarf and less of a stole. I'm liking it! It will be a bridesmaid gift, so hopefully she'll like it too. If nothing else, she will like the fact that it's eco-friendly and cruelty-free, since she's a vegan.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home