Monday, December 10, 2007

Rhinebeck 2007

I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it to Rhinebeck this year, seeing as how I had a not-quite-6-week-old baby (this was way back on Oct. 20), but we went and it was a great time! Emma came up for the weekend, and the 4 of us packed into our trusty station wagon and drove up Route 9. Rhinebeck is much closer to where we live now than when we lived in Brooklyn. We didn't get there at the crack of dawn -- it was more like 10am -- but we lucked out and got an awesome parking spot. The day was warm and sunny, full of gorgeous yarn, adorable fiber animals, and decadent food.

IMG_2823
Emma and I are overwhelmed by all the pretty yarn...

IMG_2851
Baby Helen loves wool; she just doesn't know it yet.

IMG_2837
The ever patient husband

IMG_2834
Baby Helen hides from the obsessive knitters in her pumpkin hat.

This is pumpkin hat #2. It's a tad big, which is fine because it rolls up (in theory at least) and it will probably still fit her next autumn! (Pumpkin hat #1 I sent to Helen's cousin who was born in August, but ended up fitting the 3-year-old big sister instead! Not sure if it's my own gauge issues, or if the sizing in Itty Bitty Hats is a bit off.)

In the above picture, you can also kind of see the beautiful dress that Emma knit! I have better pictures of the dress, which I will post at a later date.

And here Emma and I are enjoying some of the aforementioned decadent food:
IMG_2854

Here are some of my Rhinebeck purchases, which were pretty under control this year:

IMG_1792
Two skeins of Brooks Farm Solana, which I'm thinking may become an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Sweater...

IMG_1790
One skein of Spirit Trail Fiberworks Superwash Merino, which may be destined to become a baby hat...

IMG_1798
Some cute buttons which would look lovely on a baby cardigan...(Getting a bit repetitive here, now that I think of it...)

IMG_1805
And a beautiful wooden swift! (Ball winder too, but it's not as photogenic.)

And that's pretty much it, aside from a bottle of lavender Eucalan, which I didn't bother photographing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home